Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Hawkeye Socks Finished! New Yarn & NFL Draft

I finished my Hawkeye socks lastnight, snapped a picture then passed out. I had a 7am shift yesterday and had been up since 5am, the pic was taken around 10:30pm. Yeah, long day! Here is a pic of them below next to my Iowa banner. Go Hawks! The yarn is Lorna Laces in Bee Stripe, 64 stitches on size 1 needles.

I also started another pair of socks out of the pink Panda Cotton. These are for my manager Christine. I need to start the second one. It is so much easier knitting both socks at once, you never get bored & they're both done pretty much at the same time. Sweet eh?
Melanie over at Lotus Knits dyed 2 colourways for me. One she already had called "Tulips" and a new one called "OSU" for socks for my mom. All my mom is getting this year for Mothers Day, her birthday AND Hannukah are Ohio State socks! Cathi over at Gypsy Girl Creations is also making me a skein of Buckeye coloured yarn for her also. This will be fun! There are pics of the 2 skeins below. Thanks Melanie & Cathi!

NFL Draft update! Okay, sooo Joe got drafted the first day, then on Monday Mark was signed as a free agent with the NY Jets, he's in the middle in the pic below. Which is actually better because his gf is from NY. Life is good for Mark & Joe hahaha. Johnny, the cute one on the right, wasn't signed and was finally offered a chance to tryout with the Packers this weekend. That would be sooo sweet if he signed with Green Bay. It's close to everyone and is still in the Midwest! Plus I want him to stay in the midwest. =P *crossing my fingers*!!! He had better not fuck this up!

2 comments:

LotusKnits said...

You should get the yarn in the next day or so! Hope you like it!

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Nice yarn. I was thinking about dying yarn again soon, in the summer. I'll probably go onto knit-pick or such to buy some plain white wool.


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Wedding Net. Powered by Blogger