Friday, May 25, 2007

I Painted my Koigu Yarn

No you don't have to adjust your screen or glasses. I did paint my 2 skeins of Koigu yarn. I was working on my Genevieve socks (the cabled pattern I came up with is now named Genevieve) and I noticed there was way too much orange in the yarn, sooo I took the koigu I had for my pal & painted it to match her tastes. I'll find other yarn to give her. The Koigu socks will also be Genevieves. I think it'll look wonderful in the light blue and now Kelly Green.
Below are pics of before & after I painted them and also a picture of them in the center pull ball.



Here is my first finished Genevieve! I love how the cables work with the colours!It's easy enough for a beginner and beautiful enough for anyone. I'll write down the pattern this weekend! The yarn is Gyspy Girl Yarns in "Winter Solstice"

4 comments:

Jamie C. said...

Beautiful yarn! I am really impressed with your dye-job!

Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

You have made some really beautiful yarn there!!! And those socks... they are gorgeous!

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Hey.
Did you use the acid's? That probably was a whole lot easier than trying to dye sections. We should experiment with trying to make the fair-isle varigating yarn. It would be a lot of work, but oh well.

The sockie is good.
The needles are fine. The size of the yarn is fine.
Although, I do have a size 3 preference... you cling to what you know first. They just feel better. They are the perfect width for my hands.

Don't you wish I hate them (1's). :-P
You've been weaseling a complaint out of me for weeks.


P.S- your cables look tight. You should add another knit-straight round or two (or three...), to loosen them up. It makes the fabric stiffer (and pull in weirdly) too, if they are too tight.

Knitting Up A Storm said...

wait a tick. Did you cheat? Did you buy it blue, then paint the green on?? Oh dearie... you had me fooled.


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Wedding Net. Powered by Blogger