Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Finished Socks, New Socks & Mac

Sooo, I finised another pair socks. These are for my manager Christine down in Florida. This yarn is Panda Cotton. I forget the colour. The yarn feels great, but it splits sooo easily wile knitting & that was quite annoying. These socks were knit on size 1's with 64 stitches. It has a lot of elastic in it, but it's still tight. I have two more skeins of this yarn in "Faded Jean," I have no idea what to do with it. The yarn knits sooo tight & cotton has the tendency to shrink. I'll find something to do with it.

Below is the new sock I started on during class today. These are thank-you socks for my other manager Cindy down in Florida. The yarn is Kaleidoscope by Jojoland. It is their hand-painted yarn. It's really nice to knit with, surprisingly. I love these colours. I have 2 other colours also for me hehehehe. This is pair 2/10 pairs for people I met down in Florida. Three of the pairs are for my roomies. =) I miss them sooo much!

Below are just some wacky pics of my dog Mac. He's a miniature Australian Shepherd and his colouring is blue merle.

Johnny is back in Madison from NY!!!!! Yay!!!! *jumps up & down with joy*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, some more yarn came in the mail which includes my Slytherin yarn! Pictures later. =)

10 comments:

Knitting Up A Storm said...

ok. What day? I found the perfect yarn store the other day, but couldn't go in because it's closed on Sundays and Mondays. I'd rather go there, instead of Chicago... because I'm a chicken when driving in Chicago... but if you really wanna go to the city, we can do that. However, Lake Forest (20 minutes away, versus an hourish) has a really nice selection. I looked in the window.

Knitting Up A Storm said...

It looks a lot better than the Iowa city "knitting shop" that we've been to.

KnittingHawkeye said...

it's smaller and has different yarns, than the "knitting shop"
hopefully their selection will increase
they sell rovings, dyes & spinning wheels also
oooo I want a spinning wheel!
What's the store called? Maybe we could meet up on Saturday

Knitting Up A Storm said...

what's smaller? the one i'm talking about.. or the new one in coralville?

Yeah, everyone wants a spinning wheel.

The one im talking about is called... um....
the "keyweenaw Shepherd"

Knitting Up A Storm said...

You're probably like 1 1/2 to 2 hours away from me. We can do saturday. Want me to e-mail you my address?

Knitting Up A Storm said...

oh yeah. Their hours are from 10am to 5pm I think every day they are open.

Knitting Up A Storm said...

You can come at 10, like you said. However, i'm not sure how long you are staying, but I have to go to my mom's show around dinner time (6ish). Were you planning on staying the day and leaving around then, or staying the night? Either one is fine. I just can't miss the show, or she'll put me through a major guilt trip.

Chelsea said...

I really like the new Coralville yarn store. They people are very helpful and their yarn selection is pretty good. Their store in Muscatine is better, but it's also larger. They also have some yarn they sell online which I bet you could just ask them for in the store. I just joined their sock club which meets every 3rd Sunday starting this Sunday.

Chelsea said...

Crazy Girl Yarn Shop's website is
http://crazygirlyarnshop.com/index2.html

Knitting Up A Storm said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!!!
NEENER NEENER! :-P

Rules: if you've been tagged, you have to write 7 random facts about yourself (usually fun and interesting ones) on your blog, tag 7 others and write to the original tagger to read your facts, so they know you've done your part.


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Wedding Net. Powered by Blogger