Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Spinning round and round and round. . .

Sooo these past two days I've mainly been spinning wool with my spinning wheel. Yep, I finally figured the sucker out. I just needle to figure out how to ply now. . . help? Below is 96 yards of bulky camo coloured merino I spun yesterday. I have a whole nother bag of it to spin up. I got this for free when my mom bought the wheel. I like it. Maybe a hat? Hope there's enough. Fun eh?

Below is some thinner yarn I spun today after I bought this at around noon here in IC. I woke up at 11:50 if that gives you any idea of my spinning time. . . .It's thinner and I'm getting better at spinning thinner yarn. =) Pretty isn't it?

I didn't take the two days off completely from knitting. I knit my first of two footies in some hand-dyed yarn I bought off ebay. I am going to start the second one tonight. I just took a break from my sockapalooza socks. That's all.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

comments you've left or comments on your blog?

Obviously i got that last one.

You made yarn!

Knitting Up A Storm said...

pretty yarn.


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Wedding Net. Powered by Blogger