Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Snow, hats, and sock yarn. . .

Okay, so I haven't really posted in a while and I'm sorry. Life has been very interesting since my holiday started. Funny enough my holiday officially ended yesterday. I am kind of glad that classes have started again. it gives me something to put my mind on that isn't a video game. Over the holiday I didn't get tons of knitting done, just basically chilled, watched movies and played World of Warcraft. I did get a hat finished, which I'm happy about. One can never have too many hats. I also love that it's bright orange. I made the pattern up and it's REALLY easy.

Pattern: "Hunter Cables" ( My own)
Yarn: Brown Sheep Burly Spun (1/2 of a skein)
Needles: 16" US 11 circular

Pattern in a nutshell:

Cast on 56 stitches.
Knit 4, P1, K2, P1* repeat this in the round for 4 rounds.
C4B, P1, K2, P1* Repeat until the end of this row and then repeat the first 4 rows.
Continue this until the hat reaches 6" in length, then begin decreases.
Decreases:
K4, P1, K2tog, P1* Repeat till the end of the row
K2tog, K2, P1, K1, P1* repeat till the end of the row
K1, K2tog, P1, K1, P1* repeat
K2tog, P1, K1, P1* repeat
K2tog, K1, P1* repeat
K1, K2tog* Repeat
Then after this row weave the end through the remaining stitches and pull to close opening. Weave in the ends.


Next is my first sock ever knit with a picot heel. I really love how the heel compliments the different colours in the colourway. the colourway I'm knitting this pair of socks out of is "Half Blood Prince." I'm really loving how the yarn is striping around the foot. This is by far my favourite colourway yet. Unfortunately I have decided to discontinue my Harry potter colourways and go more towards semi-solids and some variegated colours.

Yes, I have added to my stash. Sundara Yarn!!!!! yeah, it's pricey, but soft and beautiful. The "Wine" and "Green Tea" are sock weight while the blue is sport weight. Unfortunately I need a second of the blue for anything really. I'll have to keep a look out for another skein. It is sooo beautiful though!

I also gave in and am trying Dream in Colour's "Smooshy Yarn" in "Happy Forest." The pattern I am knitting is a dream in Colour pattern called "Sleepwalker Socks." The pattern is beautiful, but the yarn is dryer than I thought it would be. I don't know what it is, it just feels a little dry in my fingers. That's actually one reason I don't knit with some yarns, they dry out my hands quickly. I'll finish these socks one day, I promise. =)

I also knit a simple pair of fingerless mittens. They are quite nice when it's really cold out and my steering wheel in my car is freezing!! I hate touching it because it makes my fingers hurt. I love the yarn, it is di.Ve Autunno. Very beautiful, soft yarn.

Here is the mate to the first "Half Blood Prince" sock. I'm just about to start the heel. This lot came put extremely vibrant and I'm completely in love.

Also, the sock club yarn is dyed and waiting patiently for the pattern. The goodies included are also almost done. I'm spending Valentine's Day with Steve in New Jersey, so the packages will be sent out before the 14th. Thanks!

BTW the Packers deserved it more than the Giants, The Patriots don't deserve anything!

Below is some of the yarn that will be going up in my shop soon, once I find time this weekend. Yay!

3 comments:

Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

Hmm, I had trouble seeing your picture, which bugged me, as I'm certain they are beautiful!

Email me at lykkefanten(ad)hotmail(dot)com so we can figure out something with the socks!!! (you know, I'm really looking forward to it!).

Cheers Karen

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Look familiar?

Janice said...

Wow! You have been busy. I'm getting ready to cast on some DIC Smooshy as well.. I'll have to see what I think. Looks like you have some great yarns going up in your shop. I'll have to keep my eyes open.


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Wedding Net. Powered by Blogger