Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ailidh Number Two

Last night when my class New Ventures in the Arts class started I was about four rows into my second Ailidh. I was using this one for the pattern to remember everything I did. I actually purchased this yarn specially for this hat. I like how it shows every twist and cable perfectly. I finished this evening and wanted to show everyone the hat in a different colour. Yes, I knit 2 of the same hats in 2 days. Kind of scary. . .
Here is the picture I took when I left class and it had begun to snow. Yep! More snow! I really love the colour of the yarn.

Here is the finished hat. I tried to take a pic of it on me, but I look really tired, so I said screw it. I put my natural light on it to show the cables better.
The pics are basically because boy has been bothering me all day about this hat. It's named after a char I made for him on World of Warcraft. I have to give him credit, he is willing to step into and try to understand the crazy, obsessive world that is knitting to me. Trying, not completely succeeding, but have to give him brownie points anyways. =P

Pattern: Ailidh
Needles: US 8 16" circular
Yarn: Cascade Tweed 220
Cast on: Jan. 30
Cast off: Jan. 31

This is what happens when you don't do your laundry for a month. Yep, hasn't happened, but will this weekend. I'm also cleaning up my apartment because for some reason a certain canine resident of the apartment seems to be getting into things he shouldn't. This included eating an entire bag of milk chocolates that were for my sock club. So I'm cleaning up so it'll stop. Plus, I haven't cleaned since Steve left because I guess I've been wallowing in my own sadness that my boy is gone. Seriously been sad. Not fun.

Last, but not least, I leave you with snow. Enjoy!

I also turned in a manifesto, which I have no idea what a manifesto really is and I'm glad classes are back in session. Life is kind of getting back to normal, whatever normal is.
Oh and I hope both the Giants and the Patriots suck on Sunday. Thanks!

2 comments:

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Looks like caron tweed... is it not?

Janice said...

Wow. Two hats in two days!! And I LOVE the pattern. I can't wait for it to be available. :-) Stay warm!!!


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Wedding Net. Powered by Blogger